There’s only 2 weeks left to vote in the Annual Bloggers Bash Awards and you may be wondering to yourself: hmmmm, but just who shall I vote for? Well, never fear Just Another Blog From a Woman is here to help. This post is mainly a shout out to all the wonderful bloggers that have been incredibly supportive of my blog over the years and also a shout out for the excellent and talented bloggers I’ve had the luck to come across. When you’ve perused everyone’s blogs below, you can cast your vote HERE
Best Overall Blogger
- I’m Sick and So Are You: I’m not sure why you would vote for Christine. She’s trying to take down every blogger in existence. Plus she writes terribly, she isn’t funny in the slightest, her posts aren’t remotely deep or profound nor cleverly entertaining at the same time and she definitely didn’t write one of the best posts I’ve ever read. You can read it HERE and check out her blog whilst you’re there. It’s awful*
- But I Smile Anyway: Lovely Ritu, Meter Maid. Actually she’s not a meter maid. She’s a very good blogger, mother, wife, teacher and very lovely person (rumour has it that she’s also an amazing baker. I’ll have to report back to confirm whether this is true or not). This blog post of hers HERE was extraordinary.
- A Brummie Home and Abroad: Our Emmalene is definitely the kind of girl you’d want to sink a cocktail or two with. Her travel posts will leave you insanely jealous, the photography in her blog is stunning plus she is an exceptionally good writer, but don’t tell her I said any of this. Check out this dreamy post on her love for Italy HERE
- Gin & Lemonade: First of all, here you have one of the best blog names ever. That’s enough to win a vote alone. Luckily, Lorna has a lot more to offer on her blog than just a name (and I’m not just talking about her awesome hair). She writes well on her family and very important topics. My favourite blog posts of hers is HERE. It’s one of those posts that everyone should be made to read. And I mean everyone.
*it’s clearly not. It’s definitely the opposite of awful.
- Fatty McCupcakes: I love Katie, mainly because she makes me feel like I’m not the only idiotic person on this planet who constantly gets themselves into ridiculous situations. Also, she happens to be very funny. She could tell you a story about watching paint dry and she would have you in hysterics. My favourite post of hers is HERE and it had me LOLling so much, I was very grateful that I didn’t read it on public transport.
- The Phil Factor: Sexiest man alive, Phil has been blogging since 1807. However, he’s not just a sex symbol. He has brains too. And he also happens to be very, very funny. It was so hard trying to pick just one of his posts as they are so consistently funny, but have a gander at this one HERE then take yourself on a little stroll around his blog.
- Hot Mess Memoir: The delectable Angela does something very clever with her blog. Not only is she very funny, but she makes everything so relatable you feel like you’re chatting with a mate whilst reading her posts. As a Brit, I found this post HERE particularly enjoyable.
- Midlife Smarts: The highly entertaining Jill is the woman behind this very funny blog. I loved her post on Henry VIII’s wives HERE. Not only was it lots of fun to read (like all of her posts), but it was actually very informative too.
- Lutheranlier Looks At Life: Alice is a woman who has lived and is living a full and fascinating life. And she looks at this life with great humour. My favourite post of hers most definitely has to be her tale about dating none other than Steve Martin. Check it out HERE!
- Judy E Martin: Lovely, lovely Judy. Please do check out her blog. She’s a great writer and I particularly enjoy her humorous limericks. Especially the Christmas ones. I know this isn’t very seasonal of me, but check this one out HERE for starters.
- Shallow Reflections: This blog is run by Molly who provides a light hearted look at life. Check out her latest blog post HERE.
Most Inspirational Blogger
- You Are Awesome: Not only is Angela one of the loveliest people you could come across in the blogging world, BUT she also happens to be a very good blogger and an excellent writer. Every single week after reading a wonderful post of hers, I ALWAYS find inspiration. Warning: her blogs will make you think and then think some more. As with Phil, I found it so hard to pick just one of her posts as they’re so outstanding, but this one HERE in particular went down very well when I shared it on my personal Facebook page.
- Unfold and Begin: Jennifer provides much inspiration and sage advice with her blog. I also feel her blog is bit of a hidden gem too. Please have a good look through her blog. there are so many wonderful posts. I particularly like her posts that detail how people have changed their lives and started over. She recently published a very important post HERE, so I just had to share this one with you.
Most Informative Blogger
- Global Housesitter x 2: Suzanne is a marvellous woman. She travels all over the globe (mainly Europe) housesitting for various people and looking after their furry friends. Her posts are not only informative about the places that she visits, but she also provides a lot of information about how you too can become a housesitter (it sounds amazing). Like Emmalene’s blog, the photography is fantastic. Check out her latest post on Turkish culture HERE.
- Talk About Pop Music: Just Another Blog From a Woman connects closely with Talk About Pop Music. We both love music and a lot of the time, we have similar tastes. Steve’s blog is THE place to go to find out about new music. Check out this wonderful post that he wrote about our Kylie HERE
- An Historian About Town: The very stylish Jessica has been very helpful indeed. She wrote a post about how to look after your clothes and taught me things that in my 42 years, I didn’t have a clue about. She also loves castles (I mean, who doesn’t), has a very cute dog called Agnes and does a monthly feature that I adore, recommending a favourite book and a favourite tea (two of my most favourite things). Her post about clothes care is HERE.
- Notebook and Glasses: As someone who lives with chronic pain, I find Ali’s blog such a fantastic source of information on how to live with pain. This post HERE is particularly useful.
- A Writer’s Perspective: April must have a very, very big brain. She knows so much about history, in particular medieval history. Her posts are fascinating and you can learn a great deal from her blog. I loved this post HERE about what peasant’s used to eat and found it very interesting. Also, did you know she owned the month April?
Best Book Review Blog
- Lisa’s Ramblings: Lisa has excellent taste in literature and her reviews make me want to read the books she talks about. She’s also a very lovely lady. Check out her latest post of book reviews HERE
- The Book Owl: This book review blog is run by a very nice man called Denzil. He also runs the Discovering Belgium blog which is equally excellent. Check out his review of a book by some bloke called Phil Taylor HERE
Services to Bloggers
- There’s only one person that you should be voting for in this category and that’s Em Linthorpe. Not only is she the nicest person, has excellent taste in music and is incredibly kind hearted. She does so much for other bloggers. She helps run the Big Up Your Blog Facebook group in her spare time, she’s written blog posts that are incredibly helpful for us bloggers and she is very approachable if you ever have a blogging query. If you don’t vote for her, then I’m sorry we can’t be friends. Oh she’s also a good blogger too. Have a look at this post HERE. In it, Em loses her mind and makes claims that no one should take seriously. I’m not sure why I’m directing you towards this post. It’s literally the worst blog post every written.
Hidden Gem (blimey there are so many blogs in this category that I love, so I’m going to be very succinct with each one. Good luck choosing out of this lot).
- A Mindful Traveler: Lovely person, lovely blog for all your travelling and eating needs. Read this post of Lorelle’s HERE
- KalifornicationX: Incredibly talented writer, very funny, bit saucy, hates millennials (even though he is one). Read why HERE
- Deb’s World: I love Debbie. Her warmth and love of life will jump out at you off the screen. Read this outstanding post HERE. You might need tissues while you do.
- Unbound Roots: Erin is a wonderful woman. She has a love of the outdoors that is infectious. She’s also a very good artist. Read this fascinating post HERE.
- Fiction is Food: Like so many bloggers, Gary is the loveliest person. He’s also a very clever fantasy writer. Please go to his blog and read his writing. You won’t regret it. HERE is a fine example of his work.
- Wheelescapades: A marvellous blogger who always provides an interesting read. Plus she loves cats and books, so why wouldn’t you vote for her? Check out this excellent post of Gemma’s HERE.
- Willowdot21: I adore Willow. Such a kind soul and she has very good taste in music (being a music blogger, you soon learn everyone’s personal taste in music). Check out her post HERE about random acts of kindness.
- Retired? No-one Told me!: Carol is not taking retirement lying down. Have a look at her pro-walking/anti-diets post HERE
- Vote for Losing the Plot. You’ve been told, now get and do it. Please have a look at her wonderful stories about us bloggers HERE
Well, it may not have come to your attention, but yours truly has been nominated for this award! Thank you to whoever did that. I love you to the moon and back. Now, as I’m talking about myself, I thought I’d take the liberty of recommending several of my posts.
*I’m bigging myself up here, aren’t I? Obviously not the whole internet, but it is my most liked post ever.
Now, you might think my blog is all right, but not brilliant or you might indeed think it’s the biggest pile of shit you’ve ever come across. If either of these scenarios is the case for you, you may want to vote for one of the following lovely ladies. I am honoured to be nominated along with them and if I’m honest, they are probably much nicer people than I am (I haven’t heard any of them swear about scooters once. Oh actually, Cherie may have…)
- So let’s start with Cherie then as she is awesome. If you want an American living in Germany who loves a beer, has a handsome ice hockey playing German husband, has great taste in music and has her own tattoo salon then From Michigan to Germany is the blog for you. I love this story HERE about how her German in-laws “welcomed” her to Germany.
- Next up is the lovely and bubbly Josy. Her fantastic blog is A Walk and a Lark. It is a beautiful blog as she details her hiking adventures. First it was in and around London and the south, but now she lives in Vancouver, her blog has become even more stunning. She also used to live in Japan and travelled extensively in New Zealand and she has done some wonderful posts about those countries too. Have a look at this post HERE and you’ll see what I mean Josy’s blog. I would also say that Josy is one of the most informative bloggers out there too.
- Then please can you have a look at Orla’s blog Fancypaper. Orla is an excellent writer who writes about a variety of subjects, but it is her blogs about parenting that Orla’s writing really shines. I adore this stunning post HERE about motherhood that highlights the difficulties of motherhood and how we all do things differently.
- Next, we have Rachael at Rachael’s Thoughts. She proudly resides in the North East and has written a great post about it as well as an excellent post about changing her career, but it’s her beautiful post about her Step-Mother HERE that I’m going to leave you with. It is incredibly heart-warming.
- Last, but by no means least, we have The Wandering Darlings. Melanie is a fantastic travel blogger and has seen so much of the world. Her blog is incredible, but the post of hers that I enjoyed the most is the post that she wrote about her parents and how they gave her this love of travelling. Incidentally, Debbie at Deb’s World, just so happens to be her Mum. How lucky is Melanie? You can read her post HERE.
So, that’s your lot. I probably haven’t helped you decide who to vote for as there are so many good blogs to choose from, but if you vote for any of these that I’ve mentioned then you will have voted for a good ‘un.
Don’t forget, voting closes on 30th April and you can vote HERE. It’s very quick and easy and there’s no need to register nor provide an email address. Best of luck to everyone nominated.