Here’s my annual collection of my favourite outfits from this year’s Oscars.
Best Dressed Women
Helen Mirren. Always gets it right.
Roma star Yalitza Aparicio
Regina King who won the award for Best Supporting Actress
Lady Gaga who won the award for Best Original Song
Gemma Chan. This one will divide opinion, but I quite like it. It has a Killing Eve vibe about it.
Best Dressed Men
Best dressed of the Oscars- Billy Porter.
Best Dressed Couple
Oscar winner Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton
Charlize Theron. Hair and make-up look nice, the dress not so much.
I LOVE Rachel Weisz and she was outstanding in The Favourite, but this outfit gets a big NO from me.
Honorary Mention (because I love her)
Our very own Olivia Coleman, who walked away with the best actress award
That’s it folks! See you again same time, same place next year!
And don’t forget to tell me which outfit is your favourite outfit. I think mine is probably Helen Mirren. Again.
For previous years’ outfits, click on the links: 2016 2017 2018
Here’s my annual collection of favourite outfits from this year’s Oscars.
Best Dressed Women
Oscar nominated Meryl Streep
Oscar nominated Greta Gerwig
Oscar nominee Mary J Blige
Oscar award winner (for best supporting female actor) Allison Janney. I think Allison looks absolutely stunning and it’s her outfit that is probably my favourite this year.
This dress might divide opinion, but I absolutely love this colour on Viola Davis. I think she looks glorious.
Oscar award nominee Sally Hawkins
Dame Helen Mirren
Whilst I’m not convinced by the shoes, I love the rest of Oscar nominee Dee Rees’s outfit. She was one of several women to go against convention and wear a suit rather than a dress.
Special mention for Rita Moreno who wore the same dress she wore when she won an Oscar back in 1962.
Best Dressed Males
British Oscar nominee Daniel Kaluuya
Oscar winner James Ivory
Best dressed couple
Mahershala Ali and Amathus Sami-Karim
Maisie Sly from the Oscar winning Best Short film The Silent Child
The What-the-Fuck-is-Going-On-Here Award
Haley Bennett. Great name, terrible dress.
That’s it folks! See you again same time, same place next year.
And don’t forget to tell me, which one outfit is your favourite outfit…
Glossing over the almighty cock-up with the best film announcement and making this a yearly tradition, here’s my collection of favourite outfits from this year’s Oscars.
- Chrissy Teigen the queen of Twitter, took command of the red carpet in this gorgeous number.
- Viola Davis always gets it right at award ceremonies and picked up her best supporting female actor Oscar in this stunning red dress.
- Isabelle Huppert was up for best female actor in a leading role and defined ageless elegance in this sparkling outfit.
- Taraji P. Henson starred in Hidden Figures, but there was no hiding her amazing figure in this va-va-voom velvet dress.
- Karlie Kloss is a supermodel and looks amazing in this all in white Stella McCartney number.
- Ruth Negga the Irish actress and Loving star was up for best female leading role and carried this red outfit off perfectly. She along with other red carpet stars teamed their outfits with a blue ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) ribbon. More information on the ACLU can be found here.
- Auli’i Carvalho played the lead role in the excellent Disney film Moana and she looks beautiful in this white, gold lined dress
- Dev Patel and his Mum Could DP get any cuter and dashing? Well yes, when he takes his Mum to the Oscars with him, he certainly can. Both of them looked joyfully fabulous.
- Sunny Pawar the super cute 8 year old Indian actor and star of Lion gets my award for best dressed male.